Thursday 29 August 2019

We did it. The WORLD'S MOST SUCCESSFUL ARTBOOK of ALL-TIME on Kickstarter, completely fulfilled ON TIME!


This is the final update on our record-breaking campaign - all the surveys were sent out months ago, and every single package (if you've filled in your survey!*) has now been sent, meaning everyone will have their books by the end of September, as promised. In fact, the vast majority of you have them already.

14,000+ books have been shipped in more than 7,000 separate packages to over 60 different countries, a HUGE shout out to Dave and Andy, two of the hardest working, most dependable and capable people I've worked with in my entire career, who worked tirelessly to ensure every package was carefully boxed and shipped.

And THANK YOU ALL for bringing this thing to life, without you it would not exist.

Your support gives me the freedom to continue this massive project, and to focus more than ever on SHARING SKILLS for FREE. I feel so strongly that the proliferation of paid subscription services and paywalls are beginning to shut off much of the best art education on the internet, and I'm determined to FIGHT BACK against that, on behalf of everyone that feels as I do that sharing skills for free is the greatest gift we can give to one another. The tutorials are going to continue every week on line, as Robin and I build a resource so MASSIVE and so DIVERSE, that you will NEVER have to PAY to learn to DRAW or WRITE online ever again.

Paywalls DOWN, skills UP!

And then a HUGE thank-you to those of you who are taking the time to post up about the books on twitter and instagram, or write reviews of the books on your blogs etc. It's incredible to literally see these books in the hands of so many different people from around the world - I chose not to post up images of the books myself, but instead to retweet the pictures and videos YOU posted flicking through the books, so I hope you guys benefited from that by gaining some extra followers too ;)

*For the few of you who have not filled in your survey yet because the survey email (and subsequent reminder email) got sent to your email spam folder - DON'T WORRY! Just log into your kickstarter account, click your little avatar, go to "backed projects", then click the "How to THINK when you draw" thumbnail - your survey is waiting there for you.

If you think your package should have arrived, but it hasn't yet, please wait until the end of September for delivery. After then, if your package hasn't turned up, drop me a message through Kickstarter or email me at misterlorenzoboy@yahoo.co.uk and I'll get it sorted.

This is the final update on this campaign, BUT, if you want more FREE tutorials and art EVERY DAY, just follow along with us on TWITTER, INSTAGRAM or our BLOG, for an endless stream of new stuff :)

Any questions, just let me know, I respond to all messages on all platforms within 24 hours :)

Thank you all for being a part of this thing!

Lorenzo!
P.S. Awesome to have sent my tutorials books to so many backers in places like this...