Tuesday 14 January 2020

#LEARNUARY DAY 14 - Writer becomes artist in ONE session? How?! HOW?!?!


Here at Etherington towers, we take #LEARNUARY seriously ... and by that I mean we LOVE sharing our ideas about creativity. This process of improvement is a two-way street and, as a writer, I often find I need to move away from my disciple to gain inspiration to return to the desk with energy and passion. I like drawing, but I only do it for fun, and I have a LOT to learn.

With that in mind, my five-year old boy set us an art challenge: to draw the most ROCK image we could imagine.

My boy: A glam-rock Megatron, playing an electric guitar.
Me: A skeleton playing the drums, sitting atop a flaming skull that's mounted on the front of a jet, which is flying through an electrical storm.

The results can be seen below. We gave this one our all, using a host of #LEARNUARY tips and tricks, and most importantly we had a BLAST!

Enjoy!

You can JOIN IN with #LEARNUARY by posting up YOUR OWN work or tutorials, or by checking out the TONS of additional tutorials, tips and references going up on OUR TWITTER throughout the day today and EVERY DAY THIS MONTH!!

Updated WEEKLY - Available FOREVER.